Harvesting & Local Food Cooking
Fitness Level: ★☆☆☆☆
Skill Level: ★☆☆☆☆
Category: Culture, Nature, Activity
Price (tax included): 2,000JPY per person for 4 & 5 people; 1,900JPY per person for 6 & 7 people; 15,000JPY for 8 to 12 people
Encountering local ingredients and food is one of the best parts of traveling. Located in highland with one of the highest sunny weather rates in Japan, Komoro is known for a good production site of variety of highland vegetables, fruits, buckwheat, potatoes etc. In this program, you can enjoy harvesting seasonal ingredients and cook these with a guidance of local cooking teacher. The item for harvesting and cooking menu will be suggested from us according to your interest and seasonal factors. Komoro also has a variety of traditional local foods that are deeply connected to its rich soil and agricultural habits, as well as the lives of local people — if you are interested in local-focused cooking menu, we are happy to arrange it for you! This is a great fun program for families!
- Enjoy seasonal harvesting & cooking with local people.
- Select harvesting and cooking menu based on your interests and our seasonal recommendations.
|Time (Start/Finish)||Access (Start/Finish)|
|Between 9:00 to 14:00|
(The time can be arranged according to your request.)
|The start/finish points will be arranged according to the seasonal harvesting spot as well as your transportation needs.|
|About 4 hours||April to November|
|Number of Participants||Age/Height|
|Minimum 4 Maximum 12||No restriction|
(Please let us know, however, if your group
includes small children.)
|Language Support||Clothing/What to Bring|
|English||Clothing that is easy to move around|
|About Fitness & Skill Level||Application Deadline|
|N/A||30 days prior|
|What is included||What is NOT included|
|Fee for a Japanese language guide and an English translator|
|Transportation to/from the meeting point|
Insurance (please purchase travel insurance
in your own country)
Transportation during the program (It will be arranged according to according to the seasonal harvesting spot as well as your transportation needs with extra fee.)
Anything else not specified in “What is included”
(The bank transfer fee are responsibility of the participants.)
We are also happy to arrange a private apple picking & tea party with sweets menu with local apples at local apple farm!
Cancellation at customer’s convenience
- Cancellation on or after the 20th day from the day immediately preceding the starting day of the tour: 20% of the total tour price.
- Cancellation on or after the 7th day from the day immediately preceding the starting day of the tour: 30% of the total tour price.
- Cancellation the day immediately before the starting day of the tour: 40% of the total tour price.
- Cancellation on the starting day of the tour (before the tour starts) : 50% of the total tour price.
- Cancellation after the start of the tour or the traveler does not participate in the tour without notice (no show): 100% o the total tour price.
Cancellation at discretion of the organizer
- In case of inclement weather, we will make a decision the previous day and notify you only if the tour has been cancelled.
- If the tour is cancelled on the day of the tour prior to the start of the tour, no cancellation fee will be charged.
- Depending on the weather conditions once the tour begins, the route may be changed or the tour may be cancelled. No refund will be given in this case.